Government of Dubai in 2005 established the Dubai Silicon Oasis Authority (DSOA) will the intention of it being a 100% government-owned free zone. In order to support the region’s demand for business expansion, DSO’s main objective is to facilitate and promote modern technology based industries in the UAE. Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is a technology park and provides a living and working integrated community for everyone with a full package of incentives and benefits that are provided to the companies that operate within the free zone.
DSO’s community has been strategically divided into 5 main pillars based on industrial, commercial, education, living and residences, and public facilities. They also have the most advanced utility infrastructure with state-of-the-art telecommunications, electricity, and road networks. Other services provided by Dubai Silicon Oasis is that they offer strong business support by giving technology investment to large enterprises, entrepreneurial support, an incubation centre and venture capital funding as a form of incentive for them.
The major freezone benefits of the technology park are:
- 0% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital
- No income tax
- No corporate tax
- No import or export tax
- Low cost of operations
- Advanced IT infrastructure and facilities
- Fast and easy business set-up & licensing
- Dedicated business support services including integrated online E-Business system offering tenants fast and efficient services at the touch of a button
- Access to regional pool of talented technical and engineering professionals
- Stable and clear regulation
- Access to consumer markets of 5 billion people (Middle East, North Africa and Indian subcontinent)
Tel: +971 4 388 7619