The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the government body for issuing all licenses for corporate entities or individuals who wish to have their business in the mainland of Dubai, not in the free zone areas. The enterprise licensed by DED are known as “local company”. DED acts as a one window service centre for all local companies in order to encourage the efforts of doing business in Dubai. For some SME’s, getting a nearby permit works out as a favored choice since you can open an office anywhere in Dubai.
The DED supports the auxiliary change of Dubai into an expanded, creative administration based economy that expects to enhance the business environment and quicken profitability development.
Beginning a business in Dubai is turning out to be faster and less demanding than ever, in accordance with the vision of the Department of Economic Development (DED) to help entrepreneurs start and expand their operations without the requirement for long-drawn-out procedures and administration.
- Tax Free
- No capital is required for a local Dubai license
- You can open and manage your business operations from any part of the UAE (fewer geographic restrictions)
- Relatively easy process in acquiring office premises, infrastructure, and HR services
- Easy availability of employment visas
- With a local license, you can have clients from anywhere in UAE as well as internationally.
- Locally licensed businesses can be run from a business center.
- No yearly auditing mandatory
If you choose to conduct your business in the Dubai mainland, you will need to register with DED, who will issue you with a Dubai business license. Peninsula Business Solutions (PBS) can help assist you at any stage of getting a DED business license.
The experts at PBS will at first survey the necessities of the client in order to decide the following:
- What is the best trade license to suit the client needs?
- Is a local sponsor or local agent required?
- Is there a prerequisite for capital?
- What is the best legal structure for the business?
- What is the expense of the premises?
- What is the finished venture cost?